6 Tips For Scoring the Best Holiday Sales + $400 Giveaway.
Between whipping up your famous green bean casserole and getting stuffed like a turkey, there are only a handful of magical moments like discovering that perfect one-of-a-kind find for your friends and family, and knowing that you saved a fortune doing it.
With the holidays coming up, it’s time to start thinking strategically about your shopping.
Here’s how to find the best holiday deals:
1. Start early!
We all find lots of excuses for procrastinating when it comes to holiday shopping, but there’s an equally compelling list of reasons why you should start as early as possible. For starters, nobody’s trying to get stuck in the line at Target once it gets closer to Christmas! It’s pretty much the equivalent of waiting in line for rides at Disneyland...
2. Do your research and strategize.
The key to scoring the best holiday deals is researching which gifts you plan to buy for your loved ones. Take the time to see which stores have upcoming sales and compare prices. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to find some stores like Best Buy will match prices.
3. Create a budget for holiday shopping.
The holiday season is notorious for taking a hit on everyone’s bank account, but it doesn’t have to be this way. To get things rolling, create a holiday gift budget and actually stick to it! By having a list of items you need to purchase, and a budget in place - this will be a great way to stick with your budget. I know, I know - this is easier said than done. Trust me, your wallet will be thanking you when January comes around.
4. Skip the early hours with Black Friday, and do Cyber Monday instead.
If queuing up in a line at the crack of dawn getting in fight-or-flight mode at the big retail stores sounds fun to you, then Black Friday is perfect for you! However, if you’re like most normal human beings and enjoy getting a solid 8 hours of sleep…. you can opt for Cyber Monday instead. Um, eating Thanksgiving leftovers from the comfort of my bed and checking off holiday gifts? Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
5. Save online with coupons apps.
I have Honey on my mind, I do it for, I do it for the sales. Download a browser extension like Honey to save big on online deals. The great thing is some apps will track when the price for an item drops.
6. Divide and conquer.
This is definitely one of my favorite ways to make the most out of sales! If you plan to shop virtually, team up with a friend to purchase your order and get free shipping! With this tactic, you won’t overspend on your budget when you try to meet the minimum order charge, and you get free shipping! For those who plan on shopping in-stores this season, cover more ground by working with a friend and splitting up to shop at different stores. Reward yourselves after with some avocado toast for your hard work! Plus, you often get free shipping! With this tactic, you won’t overspend on your budget when you try to meet the minimum order charge, and you get free shipping! For those who plan on shopping in-stores this season, cover more ground by working with a friend and splitting up to shop at different stores. Reward yourselves after with some avocado toast for your hard work!
What are your favorite tips for saving during the holiday season?
Ready for some extra holiday cheer? Enter the giveaway below for an amazing prize!
Not so little fine print:
- No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chance of winning. Void where prohibited.
- Entrant must be 18 years old as of sweepstakes start date and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia or Canada, as of start date.
- Sweepstakes begins Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. EST, and closes on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. EST.
- Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Winners will be selected by random drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
- Contest is in no way sponsored, administered by, or associated with Nordstrom, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.