50 Ways to Kick Off the New Year.
Each new year feels like a breath of fresh air. It's a chance to start over. 365 days of opportunities and fresh starts.
The beginning of the new year is one of my favorite times of the entire year because it always feels so ripe with possibilities. To be fair, I'm also usually coming away from two weeks of pretty much non-stop eating, lounging around and staring at beautiful lights. However, that's besides the point. A new year is full of fireworks, excitement and champagne - essentially everything you need for a good celebration. So, here's to celebrating a new year and a better you.
Here are little things you can do every day to start the new year off with a bang:
25. Start thinking about an IRA account.
26. Automate your bills. Trust me, this will make your life so much easier.
27. Create an emergency fund.
28. Put money into a retirement account.
29. Get moving whether it's a trip to the gym, a walk in the park or a great zumba class.
30. Change up your exercise routine.
31. Plank or squat your way through your favorite tv show.
32. Schedule a fitness class with your co-workers instead of happy hour.
33. Take the stairs.
34. Walk during your phone calls.
35. Dance. Just dance.
36. Update your workout place to keep it fresh and fun.
37. Find a work out buddy.
38. Go for a long run.
39. Make a list of all the places you would like to travel to both domestically and internationally.
40. Start a travel fund.
41. Decide to say yes to new adventures. Book the trip you've been thinking about.
42. Check the expiration date on your passport and take the time to renew it.
43. Create a vision board with the things you would like to accomplish in the new year.
44. Set up your monthly goals and what you like to do by the end of the year.
45. Write a personal mission statement.
46. Step away from your desk at least once an hour.
47. Update your resume.
48. Clean up your work space. Get rid of old receipts and things that you're no longer using.
49. Clean up your email inbox. Delete your old emails and consolidate your folders.
50. Do what you love.
What resolutions would you add? Let me know via social media at @melaniesutra!
1. Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
2. Add meditation to your daily routine.
3. Wear sunscreen.
4. Minimize or completely get rid of processed foods.
5. Buy yourself a cute water bottle and refill it often. Shoot for at least eight 8-ounce glasses every day.
6 Use olive oil or coconut oil instead of butter.
7. Eat at least one piece of fruit a day.
8. Cut down your soda intake and only drink one or less daily.
9. Skip Seamless or the drive through and opt to cook at home.
10. Take a break and treat yourself to a mani or a massage.
12. Catch up on your sleep. Just because you can get by on 5 hours of sleep every night, doesn't mean you necessarily should.
13. Speaking of sleep, go to bed early.
14. Make your bed as soon as you get out of it.
15. Wipe down the stovetop, microwave and ovens. While you're at it, wipe down your refrigerator and replace the boxes of baking soda.
16. Turn off the lights when you're not using them.
17. Clean your throw pillows and blankets.
18. Throw out anything in your refrigerator or cabinets that is expired.
19. Go through everything in your closet and clear out the pieces that you don't honestly love.
20. Donate any clothes you haven't worn recently or take them to Crossroads Trading Co.
21. Do your laundry and actually put everything back where it belongs.
22. Create a budget for yourself. One of my favorite free resources for money management is Mint.
23. Save your receipts so you can track your spending.
24. Check your credit card statements and bank statements.