Tips + Tricks for Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
The biggest sale of the year is almost here and it's time to mark your calendar and get prepared. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts next Friday on July 21st but you can get Early Access to shop it this week before everyone else!
Here's everything you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale so you can maximize your experience.
What is the sale and why is it important?
The Anniversary Sale is seen as one of the best sales of the year because it's a different type of sale than we're used to seeing - instead of having discounted items from past seasons, thousands of new designer and contemporary fall and winter items are heavily marked down for a limited time. All of these sale items will be brand new and previously unavailable to shoppers. You don't even need a promo code - everything that is on sale is located in a clear spot on the website and in stores. Yaaaaaaas, girl.
This epic sale includes clothing, accessories, shoes, home goods and basically everything you need for everyone in the family. Since the prices will go back up after the sale, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is essentially Christmas in July. For reals.
When is the sale?
Here are the dates you should mark down on your calendar:
July 12 - Early access in-store begins for Level 4 Cardholders
- July 13th – Early access begins for all cardholder levels
- July 20th – Last day of early access
- July 21st – Public access begins
What should I look for during the sale?
The items that usually sell out first are shoes, jeans, jackets and outerwear. If you're in need of any of the aforementioned items, make sure to put them in your cart first.
What are the best tips and tricks for making the most of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Gain early access with the Nordstrom credit or debit card. Both allow you to shop more than a week before the general public, which means you get first dibs on the best stuff. A lot of the hot ticket items are gone in the first two days of the sale! It’s super easy to sign up and Nordstrom will give you a $20 reward point note right away to shop. Call the 800 number or sign up at your local Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack to being home a card immediately. Through the card, you can also earn reward points on everything you buy to out towards future purposes.
- Sign up for the Nordstrom Rewards program. Its’s completely free to join and easy to sign up and will earn you a $10 Nordstrom Note to spend at the sale.
- Take stock of what is already in your closet and what you need. This will help you go into the sale with a game plan and solid list in mind. Your bank account will thank you.
- Start browsing the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalogue now to get an idea of what items will be available. You can also pick up a copy at any Nordstrom location now.
- Put items that you absolutely can't live without in your online shopping cart and buy them ASAP. Styles and sizes will go fast! Because the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is their biggest shopping event of the year, the best products and pieces will sell out quickly, and while some will be added over night or re-stocked, others may not be.
- Take advantage of Nordstrom's free shipping and free return policies. Seriously, just do it. If you're not sure what size will fit best when you're buying online, order two different ones and return the one that doesn't fit. If you only buy one and it doesn't end up fitting, the item may no longer be available in your size when you return it. When in doubt, remember that nothing haunts you like the things you didn't buy.
- Check back online often. You'll save yourself the hassle of trekking over on foot and can also find items that are exclusively available online only.
- Request a personal stylist when you get to the store or make an appointment with a sales person. They're available to help locate alternate sizes or items that might be at a nearby store, and they can also order it for you.
Go ahead and get shopping at Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale - you'll be feeling more stylish and fierce in no time!