Favorite Products of the Month: February.
February is one of my favorite times of the year to try new products. It's usually when I'm feeling the most adventurous and also when I'm not afraid to experiment.
Here are some of the products that have been on my radar this month:
- bareMinerals’ Gen Nude Powder Blush. The colors are gorgeous on just about any skin tone, and really builds upon itself. You can go as heavy or as light as you'd like!
- Benefit Cosmetics’ I Can’t Believe They’re Not Real Mascara and Gimme Brow Fiber Gel. The mascara makes your lashes look gorgeous and is a cult-favorite. And then there's the fiber gel. Holy moly. I've been using the fiber gel nearly every day for the past year and it makes a huge difference. A little goes a long way so you don't need much product to make your brows look on point.
- e.l.f.’s Instant Lift Brow Pencil. For only $2 a pop, this brow pencil can't really be beaten. Pick up a dozen and throw one into every bag you have. Your brows will thank you. The dual-sided design applies color with the liner on one side and then combs brows with the other.
- Garnier SkinActive Gel Face Moisture Bomb Moisturizer. This is the first moisturizer I ever tried that made my skin feel crazy moisturized without also being sticky. Garnier's formula is light and absorbs quickly into your skin - perfect for everyday use.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water. This micellar water is the first step in my nightly skincare routine. It's an all-in-one cleanser that's both powerful and gentle on skin. I use this product with a cotton pad to remove my make up at the end of the day. You'll feel instantly refreshed!
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil. Because I tend to wear a lot of makeup when I know I'm going to be on camera, it's ultra-important to double-cleanse your skin. I always turn to this lightweight essential oil cleanser to make sure my skin is make-up free and clean as a whistle.
- Laura Mercier’s Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation. This product is definitely a splurge, but so worth it! I love that this foundation has lasting wear and all the coverage, without the weight. If you're looking for a great full-coverage product with a matte finish, I would highly recommend this foundation! I wear the Golden shade almost exclusively when I'm on camera. Fun fact: it's also formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
- NYX Cosmetics’ Dewy Setting Spray. This setting spray is an essential in my make-up kit. I prefer a dewy, fresh look to a matte one and love setting my makeup with this spray. There is also a matte, shine-free formula available.
- TULA Exfoliating Treatment Mask. The weather has been especially harsh in New York, so a great exfoliating mask is an absolute must. I love the way this detoxifying bentonite clay mask makes my skin feel afterward and always carry a bit of this in a jar when I'm traveling to a new city.
What are your favorite products this month? Tell me on social media at @melaniesutra!